About The Program
Endorsed by Drs. Kaplan and Norton and delivered by their experienced faculty, this exclusive course provides a framework of education that focuses awareness and develops a comprehensive and common systems understanding that embeds strategy management and execution capabilities in your organization—improving governance, agility, and performance.
Since its inception in 2008, the program has over 3,500 delegates, including CEOs, Vice Presidents, Directors, and Managers, from large and small organizations, in both the private and public sectors across 60+ countries—and growing! Currently, of the 3,500 delegates, over 1,300 individuals have earned the distinction of Certified Graduate or Certified Practitioner.
Learn strategy execution global best practices including:
- Processes of effective strategy development and translation
- Components of a complete Strategy Map
- Steps to properly design a Balanced Scorecard
- Methods and techniques necessary to cascade and align strategy
- Principles of effective execution and governance
- Key linkage points between strategy and operations
- Processes and tools to monitor/test/adapt strategy and improve decision-making
Successful Strategy Execution Results from Driving and Managing Strategy through a Dynamic and Systematic Process
Palladium is the “point of origin” for the Balanced Scorecard. Our founders, Drs. Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton, in partnership with the Palladium Group, have evolved their original Balanced Scorecard concept to link strategy to operations through the Palladium Execution Premium Process™ (XPP). This integrated management system allows organizations to bring together their existing approaches or tools in a powerful manner where benefits can be achieved immediately across the organization. Our program places your organization on the path to breakthrough performance which uniquely differentiates us from Balanced Scorecard educational firms who offer only a transactional approach to strategy and measurement. At Palladium, we provide our clients with a Strategic Management System (SMS) along with a team of experts to help you develop the skills you need to build value along the way.
What Separates the Palladium Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certification Program from the Rest?
- The ONLY BSC Certification Program endorsed by the creators of the Balanced Scorecard—the gold standard.
- The program is based on decades of hands-on implementation expertise across a wide variety of industries, as well as academic research and vetted theory.
- The curriculum features best practices that apply across the spectrum of global organizations—from public to private to not-for-profit.
- Palladium’s BSC Certification Program reaches beyond the core Balanced Scorecard methodology and presents an integrated framework for successful strategy execution through a robust closed loop process.
- Exclusive membership in a certified, global online community where best practices and new thinking are exchanged among strategy practitioners from leading Fortune 1000 companies, global government entities, and not-for-profits.
- 28 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits will be earned.
- Condensed, yet comprehensive preparation for the certification exam.
- Our instructors bring real-world experience into the learning environment, as each of them has delivered customized SMS interventions in dozens of organizations of all shapes and sizes.
LEVELS OF BSC CERTIFICATION
CERTIFIED GRADUATE: Level I, Individual
A Palladium Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certified Graduate™ has attended a Certification Boot Camp, passed the Certification Exam, and is proficient in the following bodies of knowledge:
- Palladium Execution Premium Process™ (XPP)—the six stage management platform based on the Kaplan-Norton strategy management approach;
- The Balanced Scorecard and Strategy Map—the economic model of value creation; and
- The Strategy-Focused Organization (SFO) Principles—the five values that translate the economic value into organized action.
Certification Requirement: Boot Camp completion and passing the online exam.
CERTIFIED PRACTITIONER: Level II, Individual
Earning the Palladium Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certified Practitioner™ is highly competitive. An individual must:
- Have earned the first level of Individual Certification—that is the distinction of Palladium Kaplan–Norton Balanced Scorecard Certified Graduate™—by completing the educational requirements of the Palladium Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certification Boot Camp™, taking and passing the Certification Exam, and being a Certified Graduate in-good-standing.
- Have implemented the BSC as defined by the Kaplan–Norton approach.
- Present an example of a work product that reflects the Kaplan–Norton approach and Palladium XPP that has contributed to achieving breakthrough results:
- Significant financial or market share gains (for private or publicly-traded companies);
- Measurable achievement of mission or customer objectives (for public or non-profit organizations); and
- Respected position within industry segment or sector.
- Provide a letter of testimonial from Corporate, Strategic Business Unit, Shared Support Unit, or Division Officers that attests to / validates the quality of your strategy management and execution work and links your work to measurable results.
Certification Requirement: Achieve and maintain Certified Graduate status; Receive application approval.
Click here to download the Certified Practitioner application.
CERTIFIED ENTERPRISE: Organizational Level
Enterprise Certification recognizes both the individual expertise inside an organization and the collective organization’s mastery of the Palladium XPP. For many organizations, Enterprise Certification is a critical step toward earning the Palladium Balanced Scorecard Hall of Fame for Executing Strategy® award. The Enterprise Certification designation demonstrates, both internally and externally, that the organization is a global leader in strategy execution.
The Enterprise Certification Program offers the complete range of Palladium executive education and training services as an extensible framework of integrated education and training content. Enterprise Certification is a customizable program with client-specific optional training content and is centered around four key required components that include:
- 1. Leadership for Execution Workshop
- 2. Execution Premium Organizational Assessment
- 3. Certification Education through an in-house Boot Camp
- 4. Sustainment
The Leadership Workshop, initial Assessment and Boot Camp results in an Enterprise Certification designation that is valid for two years. Every two years thereafter, in order to maintain its Enterprise Certification in good standing, the organization must renew its status by completing an audit and maintaining individual Certification status.
Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certification Renewal
In order to maintain Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certification, you must renew annually.
Click here to renew your Kaplan-Norton BSC Certification.
For more information, or for enrollment assistance, please email Certification@thepalladiumgroup.com or call 800.554.2111.
Palladium Group, Inc. reserves the right to restrict participation in the Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certification Program and its Certification Boot Camp to ensure the intent, integrity, and quality of the Program.