Business Adviser: Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (Indonesia)
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium implements a variety of donor-funded projects aiming to support the identification and incubation of high growth-potential businesses and the development of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in Indonesia. The Business Adviser: Small and Medium-sized Enterprises will be assigned a role in supporting this work according to their areas of expertise, providing a range of services to SMEs including coaching, business planning, incubator design, networking with investors and securing access to public finance.
ResponsibilitiesProvide Business Coaching to SMEs
- Design and deliver a strategy to provide business coaching, training and support services to a specific cohort of SMEs
- Facilitate the identification and design of innovative business models in collaboration with SMEs
- Conduct analyses of markets and value chains in order to identify opportunities for the growth of SMEs
- Monitor the progress of partner SMEs
- Co-design and help to operationalise a tailor-made Business Incubator to support SMEs in Indonesia;
- Identify a portfolio of SMEs that match the Business Incubator criteria;
- Support the application and selection process to the Business Incubator; including the management of applications, due diligence process, business plan development and scoring
- Design and deliver potential business incubation bootcamps or other events for SMEs awarded seed funding
- Act as the key point of contact for Palladium partnerships with SMEs;
- Build a network of high-quality mentors, experts and firms relevant to supporting SME business development;
- Identify and promote the adoption of new technologies and innovative approaches that can improve linkages between specific SME sectors, markets and their buyers
- Support Palladium team members in developing strategic partnerships among a network of financial institutions, industry associations, commercial banks and impact investors interested in supporting SMEs
- At least 5 years experience in designing and implementing business advisory services to SMEs in Indonesia;
- Experience working in the private sector to drive growth and optimize performance in small and medium sized enterprises;
- University qualification in Business Administration, International Development, Accounting, Agriculture or similar fields, preferably at postgraduate level
- Experience in managing professional technical teams to deliver results
- Strong network in the Indonesian business and investment sector
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage competing priorities
- Fluency in English and Bahasa
- Indonesian nationality