Business Development Analyst
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Business Development Analyst will be a member of the Business Development Department supporting the business development efforts of the Palladium practice areas, with a primary focus on proposal coordination and department operations. S/He helps to take an opportunity through the pipeline from identification to submission. S/He focuses on supporting overall planning, writing select proposal/pre-proposal pieces, and coordinating the internal team and partner inputs for bid efforts, and also assists in broader bid preparation and production aspects. S/He also supports a variety of department operational needs including meeting logistics and financial paperwork.
- Has lead responsibility for coordinating sub roles and responding to requests from the prime; supports lead coordinators in managing large prime opportunities?
- Works closely with capture managers and lead proposal coordinators to successfully manage proposal efforts and resources, including timeline and action planning, identification of needed proposal team members, internal/external meeting support, efficient communications, and organization of proposal component folders/files
- Has supportive responsibility for coordinating select proposals (including preparing tailored calendars, checklists, instructions, templates, and outlines), and monitoring progress
- Performs analysis of RFP/A requirements and supports efforts to promote and ensure compliance
- Guides proposal team through necessary department-level processes and corporate-level reviews and decisions, adhering to established policies and protocols
- Helps ensure vital flow of communication and task management between practice areas, capture manager, departments, partners, and other parties involved in the proposal process
- Supports evolution and documentation of proposal strategy, such as competitive analysis, developing win themes and technical approach, visioning needed personnel, and selecting teaming partners
- Supports final technical and cost proposal production and submission, and coordinates post-submission debriefs
- In close coordination with the Pricing and Value Analytics and Contracts/Operations Departments, helps support cost/business proposal development as appropriate
Writing / Editing
- Writes expressions of interest, corporate capability statements, personnel sections, past performance references, biographical sketches and other proposal components; strategically enhances/positions resume content
- Coordinates technical proposal sections as they develop (including managing file traffic/turnaround time, and close liaison with technical staff)
- Reviews and edits submissions from partners, ensuring their inputs meet specified requirements and expected level of quality
- Prepares and processes consultant and vendor agreements, including related paperwork and due diligence
- Prepares fee payment requests, expense reports, and invoices for approval by department director/others as needed, and submits to Accounts Payable
- Assists with travel-related logistics for consultants as needed
- Archives documentation in systematic and organized way for easy retrieval and audit
- Maintains familiarity with necessary corporate and department-level processes, adhering to established policies and protocols
- Handles meeting logistics and set-up for step reviews, debriefs, and other meetings
Other Key Job Aspects
- Maintains timely data on assigned opportunity pipeline
- Scans published solicitation notices to identify opportunities; supports dissemination as needed
- Carries out business intelligence research to help position company/guide strategic planning
- Supports liaison with and efforts to build positive relationships with other international development organizations and a range of international donors
- Develops depth of understanding of practice area staff and projects, and helps facilitate proactive and responsive business development department support
- Maintains confidentiality and care in handling sensitive personnel information and company proprietary material
- Bachelor?s degree (degree relevancy a plus) with at least two years of work experience or Master?s degree
- Proposal development experience a plus, particularly with USAID/other international donors
- Demonstrated organizational and writing skills and attention to detail are essential
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous bid efforts, and across time-zone challenges