Capacity Building Manager - Peru Forestry Governance
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is seeking a Capacity Building Manager for an anticipated USAID funded program in Peru to strengthen forest governance. Program goals will include clarifying Peru?s forest regulatory framework, capacity building of regional and national forest institutions, and engagement of civil society.
ResponsibilitiesThe Capacity Building Manager will provide technical leadership for the project, including the following responsibilities:
- Report to Chief of Party and work with senior technical leadership team to ensure an integrated implementation of project activities
- Provide technical leadership, direction, and managerial support to the project?s capacity development efforts
- Lead assessments of national and regional government forest institutions, civil society organizations, and private sector entities and negotiate capacity development plans
- Support development of effective capacity development approaches, tools, and methodologies for broad project application, including ICT approaches
- Develop and conduct training, mentoring, and/or coaching programs for project partners and stakeholders based on organizational development plans
- Establish partnerships with global partners and alliances focused on sustainable capacity development in project technical areas
- Support planning and implementation of South-South exchanges of country teams, as needed; and
- Establish a monitoring and evaluation system to measure and ensure sound impact of capacity development approaches
- Master?s degree or higher in adult education, organizational development, forestry, sustainable development or related fields
- At least ten years of experience in capacity development and institutional strengthening, preferably with government forest institutions and civil society organizations
- At least three years managerial experience
- Demonstrated ability in institutional capacity assessment and measurement
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing strategies for institutional change
- Strong experience working in Peru, preferably with natural resource management or forest related institutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe