Chief of Party - Peru Forest Governance
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies, and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations, and non-profit organizations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2,000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
ResponsibilitiesPalladium is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID funded program in Peru to strengthen forest governance. Program goals will include clarifying Peru?s forest regulatory framework, capacity building of regional and national forest institutions, and engagement of civil society.
The COP will provide overall leadership and management of the project, including the following responsibilities:
- Provide overall strategic, technical, programmatic, financial, and management guidance and support for large-scale project activities
- Directly supervise Senior Leadership Team members, who oversee and manage major work streams/departments including: building the capacity of government authorities at all levels of government, engagement of civil society organizations, and work with the private sector
- Promote an integrated vision among components and partners
- Ensure that project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the donor are followed
- Serve as the primary liaison with the USAID
- Identify obstacles and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments.
- Master?s degree or higher in environment or natural resource related fields.
- Minimum of ten years? experience managing field-based forestry conservation, resource governance or management, livelihood or related projects. Direct experience in Peru preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years? USAID Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party experience leading complex multi-million dollar donor funded projects, with experience in managing teams of professionals, and with the administrative, procurement, hiring, and recruitment, financial and logistical aspects of project implementation.
- Experience in coordination and collaboration of stakeholders including government agencies, civil society organizations, the private sector, and international donor agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
Location: Lima, Peru