Communications Manager - Peru Forestry Governance
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies, and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations, and non-profit organizations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2,000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
Palladium is seeking a Communications Specialist for an anticipated USAID funded program in Peru to strengthen forest governance. Program goals will include clarifying Peru?s forest regulatory framework, capacity building of regional and national forest institutions, and engagement of civil society.
The Communications Specialist will lead the design and implementation of the project?s communications plan, lead development of communications tools, and disseminate these to inform key audiences and the client of project progress and successes.
- Supports project activities related to forestry, sustainable livelihoods, land use, and behavior change messaging and outreach via communications strategies
- Supports the development of project deliverables, including coordinating information gathering for weekly, quarterly, annual reports and annual work plans, one-pagers, reports, etc. Contributes to the sections of deliverables related to M&E and Communications
- Ensures appropriate branding and marking for all communications tools
- Oversees the design and implementation of all tools to effectively communicate project activities and results, (i.e. website, videos, visual images, press releases, flyers, etc.)
- Maintains project library of all communications tools, photos and events in a digital format
- Conducts media relations for the project, including targeted publicity for project activities and responses to queries from press. Writes press releases, organizes press conferences, schedules interviews for spokespersons for the project, etc.
- Oversees gathering of all news for digital clipping booklet highlighting the work of the project and partners
- Maintains a close and collaborative relationship with USAID and the U.S. Embassy teams on all outreach and communications efforts
- Supports development of project events and workshops in collaboration with project teams
- All other duties deemed necessary, including support to the Chief of Party as required
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or a related field. Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in communications required
- Knowledge of the full range of communications approaches, tools, and methodologies essential to planning and executing effective campaign strategies and programs, e.g. media operations, marketing and promotion, audience outreach, message targeting
- Experience in international development and understanding and knowledge of USAID or donor organizations a plus
- Knowledge of website development and design is preferred
- Ability to manage and satisfy competing priorities from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources
- Strong communications and writing skills are required
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Peruvian Nationals Strongly Encouraged to Apply