Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact solutions - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value through the alignment of business and social and environmental goals. Our Commercial Consulting practice, based out of New York, draws on the strength and breadth of Palladium's international development experience to develop and deliver a wide range of consulting services to firms, non-profits, and government agencies.
We're looking for a talented and analytical Consultant with creative thinking and exceptional organizational skills to join the Consulting practice.Our Consultants work in a fast-paced environment that exposes them to multiple project and business development opportunities. S/he will work with a diverse team across the Palladium global network to determine requirements of clients projects and programs by defining, analyzing, and managing key areas of the value proposition to fulfill clients needs. S/he will gain exposure to a diverse set of clients, project roles, industries, and practice areas, helping organizations all over the world meet their strategic goals.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibilities of the Consultant (Palladium - Americas) will vary depending on the client and the issues at play, but some include:
- Research the client organization and industry; interview, conduct focus groups, and facilitate workshops with client employees, management teams, and other stakeholders
- Identify issues, create hypotheses and execute analysis; translate data into meaningful insights; present recommendations to key stakeholders
- Move the client to action; use frameworks and systems to develop a plan to implement strategic recommendations; manage the overall execution process
- Identify new business development opportunities; articulate Palladium?s value proposition for new opportunities; execute and manage pursuit plans to win new business
- Engage in Palladium?s global network across business units; mentor other team members; share past experience, methodology, and knowledge
- Undergraduate Degree from highly rated university with strong academic track record
- 1-3 years consulting experience, preferably from a top firm
- PC skills- MS office, special emphasis in PowerPoint and Excel
- Exceptional written and verbal skills due to client facing nature of the role
- Interest and desire to make change by leveraging commercial consulting skillset for social impact
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally
Key competencies required
- Ability to break down and re-structure complex, unfamiliar or ambiguous assignments into logical, proactive components
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid team player, with the ability to work effectively with diverse work styles and personalities
- Excellent relationship-building and facilitation skills, with memorable in-person presentation abilities
- Deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Results driven, persistent, flexible, and persuasive
- Self-starter/pro-active, strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Flexible to changing priorities
- Ability to see the "big picture" and to be visionary
- Fluency in English is mandatory, fluency in additional languages (Spanish in particular) is a bonus
- Expertise / experience in Healthcare and/or Food & Agriculture a bonus