Country Director(multiple positions), Market Development Facility(MDF)
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Market Development Facility (MDF) is an Australian Government-funded initiative that utilises a market systems development approach to connect with private and public sectors players with the ability and leverage to trigger lasting systemic change and create broad-based, sustainable pro-poor growth. MDF can be scaled-up to support further market development activities in country and in additional countries as needed.
MDF is a multi-country facility, currently operating in five countries: Fiji, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Each country has its own country team on the ground, with a Core Leadership Team (CLT) headed up by the Chief Executive Officer providing strategic, technical and managerial oversight across all MDF partner countries. Role:
Due to internal movements, MDF is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced leaders to fill Country Director roles, placed across various MDF countries.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Country Director will be responsible for the day-to-day management and technical oversight of operations in country to deliver successful market development interventions. This is a unique and rare opportunity to lead a country team and to be an active member of the CLT.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of agricultural, industrial and service sectors and interventions to generate pro-poor growth in a sustainable, effective, and efficient manner to meet the Facility's development objectives
- Train country teams to undertake market systems analysis, identify constraints to pro-poor growth and identify opportunities to unlock growth
- Ensure the effective integration of cross-cutting themes such as gender, disability and environmentally and socially responsible business in the portfolio
- Day to day management of a team of local and international staff, including security, recruitment, procurement, HR and financial management and budgeting, and compliance with local laws
- Serve as a representative of the Market Development Facility in country and, as directed by the CLT, maintain relations with the DFAT Post and relevant development partners and programs.
For complete Terms of Reference (TOR) click
To submit your expression of interest, please submit your cover letter and CV as a single document.
Expressions of Interest must include a succinct covering letter (no more than 1-2 pages) outlining an overview of your experience and qualifications as relevant to the TOR.
MDF will be assessing expressions of interest on a rolling recruitment basis. Therefore only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This is DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework Classification D3 level position.