Deputy Chief of Party - Egypt
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Trade Reform and Development in Egypt (TRADE) project. The project will aim to increase Egypt's exports and investments to improve the share of exports to GDP, increase the number of new exporters, and narrow the trade deficit. The project will have three primary objectives, each of which will be led by an assigned Component Lead: 1) Enhanced capacity of new and expanding export-ready enterprises to increase sales and reach new markets in selected sectors; 2) Strengthened public and private trade-support institutions that assist SMEs to compete in the international marketplace; and 3) Improved trade and investment policy, regulatory and institutional environment.
Purpose of Position
The Deputy Chief of Party will work closely with the Chief of Party to manage the day-to-day operations of the project.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- In the absence of the Chief of Party, serves as the project representative, liaising directly with USAID, Government of Egypt (GOE), Palladium Home Office, local implementing partners and the local private sector.
- Supports the Chief of Party in the successful management of all administrative and programmatic functions and activities in line with the project?s Scope of Work and approved annual work plans.
- Provides technical and managerial leadership and, in collaboration with the COP, builds partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Supports the annual work plan process and completion of high-quality deliverables.
- Conducts communications and media relations in close coordination with USAID as required.
- Travels throughout Egypt as needed to ensure successful project implementation.
- Master's Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business, Economics, International Development, etc.) or a BA and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required.
- Experience designing and implementing strategies for trade facilitation, SME development, and/or export promotion in various sectors; Experience in Egypt strongly preferred.
- Five years of senior management experience, including managing large budgets and teams of professionals in a developing country and oversight of financial management and procurement functions.
- Experience preparing reports for USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.