Deputy Chief of Party - Honduras Market Systems
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe anticipated USAID-funded Transforming Market Systems Project is to foster competitive, resilient, and inclusive market systems that provide increased economic opportunities (jobs and income), incorporate poor, marginalized Hondurans and reduce incentives to migrate.
Purpose of Position
The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for providing technical management and leadership of key project activities across the target geography of the Project. The DCOP will be based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras and will report to the COP.
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Ensure that technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to USAID and Palladium?s policies and procedures
- Provides technical input and leadership into the design and delivery of the program activities
- LOCAL ECOSYSTEM:
- Successfully represents project with local governments/ministries, private sector, NGOs, and other stakeholders
- support inception period market assessments and subsequent program development
- Manages local subcontractors, to ensure that their performance meets or exceeds technical and financial
- contractual requirements
- Recruits, hires, and manages national staff and consultants as needed to carry out activities
- DELIVERABLES: Prepares and ensures timely effective written reporting including quarterly and annual reports, and periodic ad hoc reports, as well as oral presentations
- SECURITY: Supports implementation of Palladium?s security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues. Addresses local staffing and personnel issues related to security
- FINANCIALS: Is well aware of project financials, works with and supports the financial officer to ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place and being followed
- 10 years of demonstrated leadership, technical, and administrative skills in economic development program management including some aspect of the following: deliverables, communications, grants, administration, finance, human resource management, and logistics.
- Master?s degree or higher in business, economics, finance or related field is required
- Fluency in professional Spanish and English is required
- Honduran candidates highly encouraged to apply
- Experience with USAID or other donor projects is required