Director of Communications - Jordan Creating Economic/Employment Opportunitity
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Director of Communications for the anticipated USAID-funded Jordan Creating Economic and Employment Opportunities through Partnerships (CEEO). The goal of CEEO is to create a competitive, demand-driven workforce development system that leads to increased private sector employment, especially for women, youth and vulnerable groups. The focus will be on establishing partnerships with the private sector, working with various educational institutions, and alignment with the Jordan Compact workforce priorities. Two key areas of the project will be:
- Promoting economic opportunities with high strong employment generation potential
- Promoting business partnerships related to investment and job creation
- Oversees communications for project activities, and represents the project to USAID, stakeholders and public
- Develops and drives project's communications strategy and messages, as well as pitch strategies
- Manages internal communications and external media relations; makes sure the project is implemented according to USAID branding and marking strategy/plan
- Develops compliant reports and publications such as project deliverables, newsletters, press releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments
- Trains project staff in implementing compliant project communications strategy
- Advanced degree in public relations, communications, or related field, or a Bachelor's degree with more than 10 years of experience in public relations, communications or a related field can be substituted for an advanced degree
- Prior experience in communications for donor funded projects; USAID experience is a plus
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Fluency in Arabic and English required