Director of Finance and Administration
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Director of Finance and Administration is a full-time position for an upcoming award in Burkina Faso and Niger to strengthen and improve the quality of health, family planning and nutrition services provided by local clinics and referral centers. It will also strengthen government systems of support and oversight for village health workers, community engagement in health service delivery accountability, and assist in developing linkages among health services and with other development sectors. The mechanism will provide a means of involvement and collaborative ideation by a wide spectrum of participants from family planning, maternal child health, nutrition, communities, and the health sector. Palladium is hiring a Director of Finance and Administration for the RISE II Health Services Delivery (HSD) Activity to oversee financial operations and tasks, such as accounting, procurement, etc. according to USAID and USG procedures, rules, and regulations. The Director of Finance and Administration will supervise the accounting team to coordinate reporting activities.
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Duration: 5 years
Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- Provides overall management of administrative operations, including, logistics, procurement, budgeting, finances, human resources, information technology, property and security.
- Oversees sound and effective systems for project administration and operations, including grants, subcontracts, procurement and compliance.
- Supervises financial operations and monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures.
- Prepares budgets for annual work plans and financial reports for USAID/Senegal
- Coordinates and manages the mobilization of short-term and long-term technical assistance and administrative staff.
- Ensures compliance with USAID policies and procedures.
- Develops internal control measures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting at the headquarters and field levels.
- Conducts internal and coordinates external financial audits.
- Reports directly to the Chief of Party
- Reports directly to RISE II HSD Chief of Party
- A Master's degree in a related field (business, finance, economics, etc.)
- At least 7 years of experience with increasing responsibility for managing project financials and operations
- Significant experience with USG and USAID financial procedures, rules, and regulations
- Previous experience preparing project financial reports, reconciling project bank statements, managing bank accounts, managing and monitoring petty cash, preparing payroll, tracking expenses according to budget, maintaining records to meet tax requirements including payroll, customs and Value Added Tax (V.A.T) taxes
- Experience overseeing or managing grants programs
- At least 3 years of experience supervising a finance team
- Fluency in French and proficiency in English