Experienced Consultants in Multiple Sectors
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, peoples lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Government of Indonesia partners with the Government of Australia on an initiative to boost smallholder farmers incomes: The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Rural Economic Development (AIP-Rural).
AIP-Rural is a suite of programs that improves smallholder farmers access to new markets, better inputs, knowhow, technology, irrigation, and small loans. Its goal is to achieve a sustainable 30% increase in the net incomes of 1,000,000 male and female smallholder farmers in Eastern Indonesia by 2022. AIP-Rural operates in East Java, West and East of Nusa Tenggara, Papua and West Papua.
The program focuses on agricultural sectors that display strong growth potential and are the main source of income for many smallholder farmers. All of this is done via co-investing in new business models with local, regional, national and international market players to create business models that improve the agriculture sectors competitiveness, especially for smallholder farmers.
Palladium manages three AIP-Rural programs:
Promoting Rural Income through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA)
A program dedicated to supporting the Government of Indonesias mid-term development strategy to eradicate rural poverty. The program aims to improve agriculture competitiveness productivity, profit, access to new or better markets, and innovation for rural farmers. PRISMA aims to achieve a 30% increase in the net incomes of 300,000 male and female smallholder farmers in Eastern Indonesia by the programs completion.
Tertiary Irrigation Technical Assistance (TIRTA)
TIRTA is a program that aims to improve smallholder farmers access to irrigation. It supports the creation of tertiary irrigation schemes that are managed by HIPPA (water user associations) and local investors (lead farmers or local entrepreneurs). The programs goal is to increase the net income of 10,000 farmers by 60% through improvements to the efficiency, technical and economic viability of at least 35 tertiary irrigation projects.
Strengthening Agriculture Finance in Rural Areas (SAFIRA)
This is a program that improves smallholder farmers access to essential financial services, such as business and investment capital loans. The program facilitates a financial service model that can answer to farmers specific needs through a partnership between formal and informal financial institutions in rural areas. The program will also expand smallholder farmers financial access through key market stakeholders (including but not limited to input retailers, collectors, traders and manufacturing companies) in the value chain.
AIP-Rural is refreshing its Consultant Panel to ensure access to a pool of suitably qualified local and international experts and consultants across a broad range of sectors and disciplines until the end of December 2018.
Sector and Disciplines that AIP-Rural refreshing is :
Agriculture Crops and Livestock
Integrated Pest and Disease Management
Engineering (related to irrigation)
Finance and Economics
Financial literacy module development
Financial product development
Financial risk analysis
Agriculture financing expertise
Irrigation and Hydrology
Marketing and Supply Chain
Non-subsidized fertilizer marketing
Warehouse receipt system
Video and Photography
General Researchers (Qualitative and Quantitative)
Android Apps Development
Credit system development (technology related)
Training curricula development
Financial Training Delivery
ResponsibilitiesConsultants and experts maybe required to :
- Provide mentorship and oversight during the field research of agriculture sectors.
- Provide advice on the analysis of field data / information
- Undertake technical reviews of documents prepared by AIP-Rural
- Provide input in the design of interventions and activities in the various sectors
- Provide support in developing collaboration/partnership with private sector companies working in the sector
- Provide insights into new technologies that could be adapted/commercialized in Indonesia
- Assist in the preparation of relevant tender documents including drafting scope of work/services, schedule, etc.
RequirementsEssential skills and experience:
- Greater than eight (8) years proven technical expertise in the relevant sector or discipline.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office;
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Fluency in English.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Relevant post graduate degree.
- Experience in the target provinces (East Java, NTT, NTB, Papua and West Papua).
- Affiliations with relevant professional associations.
How The Panel Works :
This panel arrangement is a tool for the procurement of regularly required services. Consultants and experts that are assessed as being suitably qualified will be added to the AIP-Rural consultant panel and may be called upon to provide services between now and the end of December 2018.
Where services are required, the consultant will be invited to enter into an agreement that sets out the general terms and conditions under which the services will be provided. AIP-Rural will issue separate purchase orders under this agreement for actual and separate services required to support the program.
Prior to issuing a purchase order, AIP-Rural will establish that the consultant is available to undertake the task and reach agreement with the consultant on the terms of reference, the duration and overall cost of the proposed services.
The consultant acknowledges that:
- AIP-Rural may, at any time, acquire the same or similar services from another consultant on the Panel or from any other person; and
- AIP-Rural is not required to issue any purchase orders during the offer period.
CV and Application
Applications are being accepted now and will continue to be accepted up to 31 December 2017.
- Please submit your CV and application with the file name noting : Area of expertise - your name
- Please include two (2) referees with your CV
- Curriculum Vitae to be no more than Seven (7) A4 pages
- Application addressing Key Selection Criteria to be no more than two (2) A4 pages
- Please clearly indicate your proposed daily fee rate in IDR or AUD. (PT. Palladium International Indonesia reserve the right to negotiate on daily fee rates.)