Finance and Administration Director - Honduras Market Systems
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe anticipated USAID-funded Transforming Market Systems Project aims to foster competitive, resilient, and inclusive market systems that provide increased economic opportunities (jobs and income), incorporate poor, marginalized Hondurans and reduce incentives to migrate. The program will focus on Santa Barbara, Copán, Ocotepeque, Lempira, Intibucá, and La Paz departments in Western Honduras as well as urban centers including Tegucigalpa, Tela, La Ceiba, Choloma and San Pedro Sula.
The Finance and Administration Director will be responsible overseeing the implementation of systems and processes required to support project implementation and ensure compliance with USAID contracts, rules and regulations.
Purpose of Position
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Oversee and ensure sound management of human resources, financial management, procurement and grants functions for the project
- Supervise project accounting, procurement, operations, and grants teams
- Oversee HR systems, processes, and documentation according to USAID and Palladium requirements
- Oversee implementation of all operational systems as per USAID and Palladium requirements
- Ensure accurate tracking and recording of project expenditures and development of all required financial, operational and risk mitigation reports required by the client or Palladium headquarters
- Guide and assist program staff in preparing, revising and monitoring budgets for ongoing activities
- Conduct internal travel to conduct due diligence, risk management and training as required
- B.A. in Finance or Accounting required, M.A. preferred
- Ten years of finance and administration management experience required; USAID or donor project financial management highly desired
- Previous experience preparing project/company financial reports, reconciling project/company bank statements, managing bank accounts, managing and monitoring petty cash, preparing payroll, tracking expenses according to budget, maintaining records to meet tax requirements including payroll, customs and Value Added Tax (V.A.T) taxes
- Previous office and human resource management preferred
- Fluency in English required and Spanish preferred