Grants Manager- Egypt
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Grants Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Trade Reform and Development in Egypt (TRADE) project. The project will aim to increase Egypt's exports and investments to improve the share of exports to GDP, increase the number of new exporters, and narrow the trade deficit. The project will have three primary objectives, each of which will be led by an assigned Component Lead: 1) Enhanced capacity of new and expanding export-ready enterprises to increase sales and reach new markets in selected sectors; 2) Strengthened public and private trade-support institutions that assist SMEs to compete in the international marketplace; and 3) Improved trade and investment policy, regulatory and institutional environment.
Purpose of Position
The Grants Manager will lead efforts to identify grant recipients and manage grants portfolios, in accordance with Palladium'S and USAID policies and procedures.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Oversees overall grants administration, compliance and implementation procedures, and ensures compliance with USAID and Palladium grants and procurement regulations.
- Conducts grants solicitation and advertisements; designs and prepares grant review guidelines for evaluators, including scoring formats; convenes grant committee meetings, leads negotiations with applicants, and prepares the memorandum of negotiations and responsibility determination statement; awards and executes.
- Drafts grants manual and related program documents.
- Develops and implements a grant tracking system to ensure the timely and correct execution of all grant agreements.
- Collaborates with technical and M&E teams as required.
- Master's degree in business, finance, economics, or any other relevant field. Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of experience in business, finance, accounting, or any other relevant field can be substituted for an advanced degree.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Minimum of seven years of experience managing grants for donor organizations. Experience with USAID grants management system highly preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets and client expectations.