Grants Manager - Peru Forestry Governance
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies, and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations, and non-profit organizations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2,000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
Palladium is seeking a Grants Manager for an anticipated USAID funded program in Peru to strengthen forest governance. Program goals will include clarifying Peru?s forest regulatory framework, capacity building of regional and national forest institutions, and engagement of civil society.
ResponsibilitiesThe Grants Manager will provide overall supervision of grants to project stakeholders under this project, including the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that grant management activities are carried out in strict compliance with USAID and Palladium policies and procedures
- Draft grants manual and related program documents
- Design scopes of work for grant competitions and procurement documents
- Participate in grants competitions and selection processes
- Develop and implement a grant tracking system to ensure timely and execution and efficient management of all grant agreements, including timely invoices and expenditures
- Maintain communication with recipients to ensure smooth administration of sub instruments
- Prepare and review grant documents
- Review recipient reports and documentation for compliance with agreement/sub-agreement terms and conditions
- Collaborate with technical teams as required
- Conduct quarterly reviews of grant effectiveness together with technical teams and recommend areas for improvement.
- Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Law, Finance, Economics, Non-Profit Management or relevant field.
- Bachelor?s Degree with at least 5 years of experience in a relevant field may be substituted for a Master?s.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing grants for donor, private sector or government organizations. Experience with USAID grants management systems preferred
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and writing) to write effectively and persuasively and be able to present information in a variety of settings and formats
- Ability to travel with frequency to remote areas in Peru to conduct due diligence and effective monitoring of grantees and expenditures
- Demonstrated effectiveness in liaising positively clients and project stakeholders in grants management tasks
- Demonstrated high ethical standards in project and grants management, and commitment to utilize USG resources judiciously and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with limited guidance
- Fluency in English required
- Preference will be given to Peruvian nationals