Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Specialist in Philippines
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is seeking an HRIS Specialist to join the USAID-funded Human Resources for Health 2030 (HRH2030) project in Philippines. HRH2030 is a global project that aims to: 1) increase performance and productivity of the health workforce, 2) increase the number, composition of skills, and competence of health personnel, 3) strengthen HRH and Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) leadership and governance capacity, and 4) increase the sustainability of investments in health personnel. HRH2030 is managed by Chemonics; partners of the HRH2030 consortium include: Palladium, URC, Thinkwell, AIHA, AMREF, and Open Development.
HRH2030 in Philippines will provide capacity-building to the Department of Health to strengthen the deployment, training, and management of a fit-for-purpose and practice health workforce to improve access to and quality of family planning (FP), maternal and child health (MCH), and tuberculosis (TB) services for vulnerable populations. The HRIS Specialist will be the team lead for Objective 3: To improve the use of data for human resource for health decision making at central and regional levels. This objective will seek to improve the capacity and functionality of the HRIS and improve data quality, as well as support planning for the National Health Workforce Account reporting. HRH2030 experts in HRIS and data demand and use (DDU) will provide technical support where necessary. The position is an annual fixed-term contract, renewable depending on performance, project priorities and availability of funding. The HRIS Specialist will be part of the Chemonics-led HRH2030 Philippines team, and on a day-to-day basis report to the HRH2030 Philippines Project Director, while being supported and managed by Palladium's US-based staff.
- Work with the Project Director and technical team to provide technical assistance to the DOH to improve the harmonization of data systems;
- Provide HRH planning and informatics technical assistance to improve the capacity and functionality of existing data systems, including identification of opportunities to harmonize and integrate data sources, including across sectors;
- Map the location and format of key HRH data that needs to be harmonized within the HRIS.
- Work with stakeholder to determine critical HRH data that is not collected optimally or at all and develop a plan for its integration into the HRMIS.
- Work with MoH and other HRMIS stakeholders to determine requirements for interoperability. Reconcile any limitations of systems/data exchange against stated requirements and drive stakeholders to a compromise.
- Collaborate with the DOH Health Human Resource Development Bureau in planning for the National Health Workforce Account report, including data mapping, identification of key data sources across health and non-health stakeholders, identify a roadmap for closing gaps, and associated costing;
- Build the capacity of the HRH Network to bring together health and non-health stakeholders to coordinate and support the National Health Workforce Account implementation.
- Support the DOH to identify and address data collection challenges and data quality issues;
- Facilitate the effective utilization of HRH data for decision-making at the DOH Central and Regional offices
- Provide routine updates to the HRH2030 team on work progress and contribute to activity reporting and success stories as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with academic specialization in information technology, computer science, data analytics, statistics, or a related field; Master's degree strongly preferred;
- Minimum eight years of professional experience in health information systems (HIS) in Philippines or other developing country context;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in state-of-the-art approaches for HIS integration and interoperability solutions, including data exchange standards, in developing country contexts;
- Expertise with data visualization tools;
- Experience working with stakeholders in gathering requirements and designing reports and visualizations is desired.
- Demonstrated capacity to interpret, package and present data for decision-makers; Also should have experience in facilitating stakeholder decision-making that allows project to move forward.
- Experience with delivering trainings, coaching, and mentoring with demonstrable success in strengthening capacity in others;
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and networking skills, ability to work well with senior government counterparts, consultants, and within a cross-cultural and virtual team;
- Experience working with or for the DOH at the central or regional level in the field of health information systems and improving data use for decision-making would be ideal;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, preferably on a USAID-funded project;
- Strong written and spoken English essential.
- Only local hires are eligible for this position