MDF Fiji Export Consultant
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleAt MDF, our teams work with businesses, associations and governments in Asia Pacific to help farmers and workers thrive. We use a market systems (MSD) approach to achieve long-term, lasting growth and create sustainable jobs for poor women and men.
Women's Economic Empowerment (WEE) is central to our work on the ground, and our teams in Fiji, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are dedicated to ensuring that our activities benefit women and girls.
MDF is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT).
In Fiji, MDF focuses on developing a growing, diversified and inclusive tourism industry, while also improving the competitiveness of Fiji's exports.
The key objective for the assignment is to produce a comprehensive guide for existing and potential exporters which is user-friendly and clearly describes the processes and regulatory requirements, as well as outlines all relevant stakeholders for export and their respective functions.
- Literature review of existing information.
- Development of a Working Committee in collaboration with IF.
- Consultation with Working Committee (Example, Fiji Revenue and Customs Service and Biosecurity Authority of Fiji, existing exporters and businesses)
- Develop a draft of the Exporters Guide and collaborate with IF's on incorporation of the same on IF's website.
- Circulate draft of the Exporters Guide to the Working Committee for feedback.
- Incorporate feedback and finalise Exporters Guide (together with online version with (IF) and issue Supplementary Service Plan.
For detailed TOR click here
- Comprehensive understanding of export business set up and related procedures in Fiji
- Intricate knowledge of rules, regulations, compliances for exporters in Fiji
- Proven experience in similar assignments
- Excellent written communication skills and fluency in English
- Knowledge of online functionality of such information
Applications should include a response to the position requirements. Please submit your Cover letter, CV, Technical and Financial Proposal as a single document.
This is an open recruitment and selected individual/company will be remunerated according to the number of days allocated for the assignment and under ARF rates (C2) together with the authority to live and work in Fiji.