Manager, Project Operations
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Manager, Project Operations serves as part of the corporate support team. This position is responsible under the leadership of the Vice President, Project Operations for the effective management and delivery of projects in the portfolio of the Americas Regional Business Partnership. The specific purpose of the position is to manage implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines, and client rules and regulations.
- Plan and manage the operational aspects of project start-up and closeout to ensure delivery of required inputs to these processes from corporate services, service providers and stakeholders;
- Manage Project Managers and Finance Managers executing similar functions at the project level;
- Serve as the primary liaison between corporate services and the project operations staff;
- Support corporate registration in-country and ensure all legal and financial requirements are met and maintained for the entity and project;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of operations group and project work plans;
- Ensure project issues and risks are managed and reported as required; and
- Support project advocacy with internal and external stakeholders.
- In collaboration with Internal Audit/Systems Review, conduct periodic compliance checks on processes and internal controls;
- Collaborate with senior project leadership and project operations staff to identify and manage resources to help projects meet their goals, deliverables, and milestones;
- In collaboration with Finance establish project account codes, ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet client's and project's requirements for cost allocation, monitoring and evaluation, and value for money (VFM) reporting;
- Monitor expenditure against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements
- Support project human resource planning and recruitment and contracting and coordinate inputs and support from the company's HR and Recruitment teams;
- Spearhead corporate implementation projects as required; and
- Provide a focal point for training and guidance to operations staff on and ensure compliance with company policies, SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations.
RequirementsMinimum education and experience required
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 4 years project management experience with US Government (CDC, Department of State, USAID, etc.) or other donor clients.
- Experience managing large and complex projects.
- A minimum of 3 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching.
Key competencies and professional expertise preferred
- Formal Project Management training and expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.
- Customer and solution oriented