Market Systems Development Director - Honduras Market Systems
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe anticipated USAID-funded Transforming Market Systems Project aims to foster competitive, resilient, and inclusive market systems that provide increased economic opportunities (jobs and income), incorporate poor, marginalized Hondurans and reduce incentives to migrate. The program will focus on Santa Barbara, Copán, Ocotepeque, Lempira, Intibucá, and La Paz departments in Western Honduras as well as urban centers including Tegucigalpa, Tela, La Ceiba, Choloma and San Pedro Sula.
Purpose of Position
The Market Systems Development Director will be responsible for the strategy, planning, and implementation of activities to foster competitive, resilient and inclusive market systems in high growth-potential sectors in Western Honduras.
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Lead market system and value chain analyses of key sectors in Honduras, identify opportunities for strengthening, expansion, and social inclusion.
- Work with project team and partners to develop robust, inclusive sector development strategies, target changes in system relationships, interactions and behaviours of market actors that will drive improved system performances
- Lead the development of initial sectoral interventions and facilitated approach to implementation.
- Facilitate engagement with key market actors to take ownership and prioritize actions to improve competitiveness.
- Develop strategy, tools and mechanism for continual learning for activity and project evolution.
- Work across project team to tap resources and expertise as needed on topics including access to finance, youth engagement, conflict sensitivity, and other themes.
- 10 years of demonstrated leadership economic development projects facilitating systemic changes in market systems that boost income and job creation
- Expertise and experience leading qualitative and quantitative analysis, developing sector-level and business development strategies, designing inclusive workforce development programs, experience working with youth.
- Experience in key Honduran economic sectors including agriculture, tourism, and others
- Familiarity with Honduran development context in the Western Departments as well as urban economic centers
- Master?s degree or higher in business, economics, finance or related field is required
- Fluency in professional Spanish and English is required
- Honduran candidates highly encouraged to apply
- Experience with USAID or other donor projects is required