Operations Director - Peru Forestry Governance
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies, and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations, and non-profit organizations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2,000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
ResponsibilitiesPalladium is seeking an Operations Director for an anticipated USAID funded program in Peru to strengthen forest governance. Program goals will include clarifying Peru?s forest regulatory framework, capacity building of regional and national forest institutions, and engagement of civil society.
The Operations Director will provide overall supervision of finance, human resources, procurement and facilities management, including the following responsibilities:
- Oversees finance, human resources, procurement and facilities management
- Manages the Project Accountant, Grants Manager, Receptionist and the Driver for the project
- Ensures that all vendors, sub-contractors, grantees and office bills are paid on a timely basis
- Manages office and program resources while exercising proper financial controls and adhering to both USAID and Palladium policies and procedures
- Oversees operational, and staffing requirements for the program in collaboration with the technical team
- Maintains oversight of procurement activities as needed
- Manages the project budget to ensure timely expenditures in line with projections.
- Master?s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field. A Bachelor?s degree with more than 10 years of experience in finance, accounting or a related field can be substituted for a Master?s
- Minimum of five (five) years of experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex development programs. Specific experience managing USAID projects preferred
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to motivate team members to meet the client?s Operational Management expectations
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to positively manage relationships with our client (USAID), vendors, project staff and external stakeholders of the project
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Preference will be given to Peruvian nationals.