Policy Manager - Peru Forestry Governance
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies, and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations, and non-profit organizations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2,000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
Palladium is seeking a Forest Policy Specialist for an anticipated USAID funded program in Peru to strengthen forest governance. Program goals will include clarifying Peru?s forest regulatory framework, capacity building of regional and national forest institutions, and engagement of civil society.
ResponsibilitiesThe Forest Policy Specialist will provide technical leadership for the project, including the following responsibilities:
- Report to Chief of Party and work with senior technical leadership team to ensure an integrated implementation of project activities
- Lead program work on forest legal and regulatory reform
- Evaluate Peru?s forest policy framework and pinpoint productive courses of action to promote regulatory reform
- Identify international best practice in forest policy relevant to Peru
- Liaise with forest governance institutions at national and regional levels to promote reform
- Provide technical content for communications team and outreach to government, civil society, and private sector
- Identify obstacles and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments.
- Master's degree or higher in legal, political science, or natural resource related fields.
- Minimum of five years? experience forest policy, advocacy, and/ or reform with direct experience in Peru.
- Experience working with forest governance institutions in Peru, preferably at both national and regional levels.
- Three years? managerial experience
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.