Project Manager, Agriculture
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium are pleased to advertise an exciting opportunity for individuals keen to develop and progress their career in Project Management. As part of a regional Middle East team, we have an opening in Riyadh for a passionate Project Manager to drive the management of multiple research projects and project start-up in the agriculture sector.
As Project Manager you will also support in the drafting of new proposals and development of high level presentations to support our continued growth in the region while using your quantitative and qualitative research skills to support our delivery of excellence.
This opportunity will provide you with intellectual challenge, professional growth, career advancement, and market leading rewards.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end;
- Define project scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Senior Management;
- Develop project plans and schedule;
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion;
- Communicate with clients on an ongoing basis;
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and clients;
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary;
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path;
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools;
- Track project milestones and deliverables;
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations;
- Issue status reports to the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas;
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans;
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- To ensure that projects are resourced and implemented correctly, to the satisfaction of the client, within budget and on time.
- Responsibility for project process design and implementation.
- Management of the analysis, interpretation and reporting process so that the project reflects the Client?s core objectives in the presentation and reporting of findings.
- Report writing and presentation creation including client recommendations.
- Responsible for the presentation of results to clients, ensuring that the results are communicated clearly.
- Conduct project/client meetings and be involved in the drafting of detailed and/or moderator briefs. Ensuring that all day-to-day (i.e. project related) client liaison runs smoothly.
- Allocation of internal or external resources to complete a project, including selection of freelancers and/or fieldwork partners where not already defined as part of the proposal.
- Negotiation of acceptable costs and contract agreements with suppliers.
- Guiding any Subject Matter Experts working on a project to understand exactly what is required by the client.
- Overall management of the project team.
- Budget control and time spent monitoring job cost summaries regularly.
- Strong academic background, with an M.Sc or MBA degree from an esteemed institution preferred
- 10 years of experience in project management within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- Ability to confidently manage projects that combine quantitative and qualitative phases.
- Strong report-writing and presentation skills are essential;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is essential.
- Evidence of conducting project plans and reporting would be highly beneficial, as would experience of managing public sector clients.
- Experience of research within financial/ professional services or other sectors related to the agricultural field is a plus.
- Experience of managing large-scale, complex projects would be particularly beneficial.
- Potential to contribute to the wider objectives of the agri-sector will be beneficial.