Researcher Senior Advisor - Zambia Evidence for Health
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Researcher Senior Advisor to support an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded project in Zambia intended to strengthen the national HMIS system, improve monitoring and evaluation and research capacities, and expand the evidence-base for existing approaches to health programming. The Researcher Senior Advisor will contribute to building the evidence base for health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The Senior Advisor will oversee activities such as operations research, special studies, assessments, and big data analyses and will provide technical assistance to the development of Zambian research institutions and junior Zambian researchers.
- Master's degree in a related field required; PhD preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in health research, involving a range of research activities and products
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience conducting research in developing countries
- Wide range of publications and conference presentations
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills