Senior Associate, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Senior Associate, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) provides M&E support in the implementation of project activities that Palladium manages on the MEASURE Evaluation project. This is a full-time position based in Chapel Hill, NC or Washington, DC. The incumbent will gain broad exposure to the design, background research, and implementation of global health and social welfare programs in developing countries. Primary responsibility will be to assist home office with literature reviews, community based information system design including m/ehealth application design, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and certain administrative tasks related to ongoing technical activities from the key program areas. The position requires knowledge of global health, especially in monitoring and evaluation and the domain areas of HIV/AIDS and/or maternal child health.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibilities of the Senior M&E Associate are to:
- Provide general project backstopping and technical assistance to technical staff;
- Conduct background research/literature reviews for project activities as needed;
- Provide support to project work planning, budgeting, progress and financial reporting;
- Lead CBIS activities that include applying assessment tools, designing case studies, implementing capacity building strategies and providing training, assisting with data analysis and presentation, developing data-informed action plans and other technical assistance as requested;
- Produce briefs, sections of reports/guidelines and presentations for specific assignments, in consultation with technical leads;
- Develop innovative approaches to CBIS in ways that meet the information needs of targeted users within a health or social welfare system;
- Coordinate meetings across partner staff and other key CBIS stakeholder organizations to carry out activities as required;
- Comply with USAID regulations and Palladium policies; and coordinate with departments at Palladium (e.g., Project Operations, Contracts & Compliance, Financial Management and Accounting);
- International travel as needed (up to 15-20% of the time); and
- Other duties as assigned including organizing and facilitating meetings
- The role will form part of the International Development division, Americas region
- The role will be required to liaise closely with M&E Advisors and Senior M&E Advisors as well as informatics staff.
- Compliance with corporate delegated authorities
- Appropriate consultation with manager regarding import decisions involving your area of responsibility
- Formulation of sound, evidence-based recommendations relevant in your areas of responsibility to Manager
- Attendance at DIAS and MERL team meetings
- Regular updates with Manager and activity leads for projects working on.
- Any other reporting request as required by Manager
- Master's degree in public health or MA in international relations or public policy
- Minimum of four years of experience post Master's degree or
- Minimum of six years of experience post Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with USAID-supported projects
- Familiarity with international health and/or other social sectors
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with high capacity for attention to detail
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web-based research)
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent deadlines - excellent skills in managing assigned workload
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Inquisitive and proactive
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team and communicate effectively with diverse cultural and professional staff members
- Experience in contributing to the development of a community M&E/information system and an understanding of the different components of a system, e.g. governance, system design, data sources, data quality, data use, etc.
- Understanding of key digital health principles
- Experience in developing, analysing and writing up qualitative and quantitative rapid assessments
- Strong technical writing skills
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Critical thinking - Thinks conceptually: identifying trends and underlying connections
- Adaptability - Overcomes resistance to change: supporting others to adapt
- People & Relationships - Collaborates: Encourages and seeks participation from others amongst the team
- Self-Development & Accountability - Drive for Quality: Evaluates quality of work
- Business Acumen - Client Focused: Consults to understand client needs