Senior Technical Advisor, SME Development and Export Promotion- Egypt
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Senior Technical Advisor of SME and Export Promotion for the anticipated USAID-funded Trade Reform and Development in Egypt (TRADE) project. The project will aim to increase Egypt's exports and investments to improve the share of exports to GDP, increase the number of new exporters, and narrow the trade deficit. The project will have three primary objectives, each of which will be led by an assigned Component Lead: 1) Enhanced capacity of new and expanding export-ready enterprises to increase sales and reach new markets in selected sectors; 2) Strengthened public and private trade-support institutions that assist SMEs to compete in the international marketplace; and 3) Improved trade and investment policy, regulatory and institutional environment.
Purpose of Position
The Component 1 Lead will lead implementation of all activities aimed at achieving project Oobjective 1: Enhanced capacity of new and expanding export-ready enterprises (NEEREs) to increase sales and reach new markets in selected sectors.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Provides technical and managerial support to build export capacity of NEEREs and supply international markets with consistent quality products at competitive prices.
- Leads efforts to develop NEEREs capacity in: production systems to meet international product standards, effective marketing strategies, generation of timely and accurate market information for export purposes, developing contemporary designs, competitive pricing strategies, scaling production, timely delivery of products, utilizing effective monitoring and follow-up systems, etc.
- Leads development and implementation of strategies to generate employment.
- Supports integration of Egyptian NEEREs into global value chains.
- Works with project team to identify reasons for firms exit from export market and propose viable approaches for re-entry.
- Shares results and learning with project leadership, Palladium, and USAID.
- Develops strategies to target marginalized communities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in business, economics, marketing, finance, or other closely related field.
- Fluency in Arabic and English required.
- At least five years experience in trade facilitation and export promotion activities in Egypt.
- At least three years experience on donor-funded projects for economic growth.
- Experience working directly to target vulnerable groups into market opportunities.