Senior Technical Experts - Honduras Market Systems
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe anticipated USAID-funded Transforming Market Systems Project is to foster competitive, resilient, and inclusive market systems that provide increased economic opportunities (jobs and income), incorporate poor, marginalized Hondurans and reduce incentives to migrate. The program will focus on Santa Barbara, Copán, Ocotepeque, Lempira, Intibucá, and La Paz departments in Western Honduras as well as urban centers including Tegucigalpa, Tela, La Ceiba, Choloma and San Pedro Sula.
Purpose of Position
The economic development senior technical experts will be responsible for development of technical vision respective specialty - agriculture, tourism, light manufacturing, workforce development and training, youth engagement, gender and social inclusion, or enterprise development.
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Under leadership of the program?s management team, drive and lead technical activities
- Develop and facilitate technical activities to drive inclusive economic growth.
- Deliver on time, on budget project commitments that maintain high quality technical standards and compliance standards.
- Ensure that technical activities are monitored for performance and analyzed for learning.
- Degree in field of specialty
- Expertise in one of the following:
- Business strategy, planning, and investment
- Key economic sectors including agriculture, tourism, light manufacturing, and other key areas
- workforce development and training,
- youth engagement,
- gender and social inclusion,
- marketing and trade
- conflict sensitivity
- business enabling environment for business
- Fluency in professional Spanish and English is required
- Honduran candidates highly encouraged to apply
- Experience with USAID or other donor projects is required