Palladium Hosts Shared Value Event in Jakarta
Public and private sector collaboration: creating shared value for social impact and financial return
Palladium is pleased to have launched the second of our Positive Impact events in Jakarta today at the Ritz-Carlton hotel. This was the second in a series of regional workshops exploring the importance of the Impact Economy: specifically, how private sector organisations can do good socially and do well financially at the same time, building powerful coalitions that address complex societal issues.
Our suite of high-profile panellists spoke about why the concept of Shared Value is critical to operating in Indonesia, sharing their own Shared Value initiatives. The panel represented a broad cross-section of Indonesia's private and public sectors, including:
- Dr. Agr. Wayah S. Wiroto, President, Yayasan Cinta Anak Bangsa (YCAB Foundation)
- Budi Santosa, Executive Director, Indonesia Business Council for Sustainable Development (IBCSD)
- Yono Reksoprodjo, Executive Committee, Sintesa Group
- Shahnewaz Karim, PMP & Head of Portfolio, PRISMA
- Marcus Pitt, Director, Strategy Execution, Palladium
- Oliver Mathieson, Country Director, Palladium
Joan Cabezas, Palladium's Asia-Pacific Region Director for Strategy Execution, acknowledged the importance of discussing Shared Value in the Indonesia context:
'It is exciting to realise the amount of shared value initiatives already in place in Indonesia coming both from the private and the public sectors. The challenge no is how to bring them to scale and how to execute them in a timely and professional manner, delivering the expected impact outcomes to all the stakeholders.'
Our third event in the Positive Impact series will be held in Canberra next month on 16th March.