Call for Experts - Jordan Labour Market Programme
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Jordan Labour Market Programme (JLAMP) TVET fund is a 3-year DFID programme which aims to support Jordan's stability and economic sustainability, by increasing access for vulnerable youth (including young women) to skills development and employment opportunities. JLAMP will also support the Government of Jordan's (GoJ's) TVET sector reform plans.
JLAMP places the private sector at the centre of its approach, ensuring TVET development and provision interventions are demand-led.Palladium is seeking Jordanian candidates to fill a number of long term and short term positions:[EF1]
- Team Leader/Chief of Party
- Finance and Operations Manager
- Grants Manager
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
In addition, Palladium is looking for subject-matter experts in the areas of:
- TVET reform
- Gender, Youth and Socially-Inclusive TVET
- Private Sector Engagement in TVET
- Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Development
Palladium is seeking local candidates with a range of the following skills and expertise:
- Planning, implementing and managing large TVET and workforce development programmes for donors
- Prior experience providing technical advisory services to government and TVET institutional stakeholders on:
- TVET sector governance including the development of curricula and qualification frameworks
- Establishing and supporting Sector Skills Councils
- TVET financing models, including scholarships, apprenticeships and PPPs for TVET infrastructure.
- Design and delivery of programmes for vulnerable youth, women and other disadvantaged groups
Deep understanding of the Jordanian labour market and local private sectors needs
- University qualification in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Economics, Education, and Social Sciences.
- Minimum 8+ years' relevant experience at Manager and Expert level, 15+ years at Team Leader level
- Strong leadership skills and management experience
- Excellent representation skills with the Jordanian private and public sector
- Prior experience in Jordan is necessary; with additional experience working in the Middle East Region being a plus
- Fluency in Arabic and English is a must