Logistics Officer - Humanitarian Logistics Capability Program - Brisbane
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Logistics Officer (Brisbane Warehouse) is a critical role in the Humanitarian Logistics Capability program and is expected to, support the management and implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver the program in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and client rules and regulations.
They will oversee the day to day running of the company's Brisbane based storage facility including transportation, stock control, stock takes, warehousing, freight forwarding, monitoring of the flow of goods ensure well documented, efficient and appropriate logistics and warehousing operations.This is a part time role; 3 days a week.
The primary responsibilities of the Logistics Officer (Brisbane Warehouse) are to:
- Coordinate and implement a range of procurement related projects for the processing of service provider work orders and invoices in support of warehousing operations.
- Comply with all industry legislation, regulations and codes across import and export operations to and from Australia and other regions of the world.
- Be responsible for the daily management of stores to plan and co-ordinate the incoming and outbound goods, storage, and dispatch of items in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must maintain excellent organisation skills, so as to quickly locate stores for distribution or placement within the warehouse and product knowledge for the appropriate branding, labels and marks for storage and shipping.
- Prepare logistics and cargo (consolidations and packaging) for export via road, air or sea in adherence to Palladium's logistic, contractual, procedural, legislative and safety procedures
- Operate mechanical handling equipment such as forklifts and reach trucks, as required.
- Carry out duties in accordance with processes and procedures, industry best practice, SOPs and supervisor direction.
- Create meaningful relationships with partners, subcontractors and service providers.
- The role liaises with clients, technical area specialists, corporate services, professional service providers, and other stakeholders as required
Minimum Education and Experience preferred:
- relevant work experience in the field of supply chain management or logistics and / or relevant tertiary or TAFE qualifications.
- Relevant High Risk Works license for operation of mechanical handling equipment (forklift and reach truck.)
- Ability to undertake industry training were required, including but not limited to;
- RACA - Transport Security Program (TSP)
- Dangerous Goods (all modes)
- Work Place Health and Safety
- First Aid
- Previous experience in Inventory Management Systems