Senior Logistics Officer - Humanitarian Logistics Capability Program - Brisbane
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Senior Logistics Officer (Brisbane Warehouse) is a critical role in the Humanitarian Logistics Capability program and is expected to, support the management and implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver the program in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and client rules and regulations.
The role is also expected to oversee the company's Brisbane and Sydney based storage, to ensure well documented, efficient and appropriate logistics and warehousing operations, including the receipt, inventory management, distribution and freight forwarding functions, independently and with managerial guidance.
The primary responsibilities for the Senior Logistics Officer (Brisbane Warehouse)
- Support and coordinate project delivery and implementation with a strong emphasis on warehouse, logistic and procurement operations, contract management and financial management requirements;
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by developing, coordinating, and implementing program, operational, and personnel policies and warehouse procedures
- Assist with project financial / cash flow planning by monitoring expenditure against budgets and forecasts, operating expenses and procurement.
- Supervise the Brisbane based Logistics Associate (PTE), provide oversite and supervision for day labour and provide technical support and advice to the Sydney based logistical team.
- Provide specialist warehousing services advice on storage solutions to meet operational objectives, including identification of appropriate options, operational risks and constraints
- Ensure risk management and work, health and safety principles and processes are used when recommending solutions
- Draft, implement and recommend improvements to SOPs and other associated process and procedures
- Plan and co-ordinate the incoming goods, storage, and dispatch of items in a timely and efficient manner to achieve team objectives/client requirements
- Negotiate competitive rates and as required, coordinate the placement of air, land and sea bookings direct with service providers as well as relevant support documentation as applicable;
- Support emergency response operations as required and provide assistance in the management of large-scale logistical response activities;
- Comply with all industry legislation, regulations and codes across import and export operations to and from Australia and other regions of the world;
- Create meaningful relationships and linkages with partners, subcontractors and service providers.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key clients, and support strategies for new clients
Minimum education and experience preferred
- Experience in logistics operations and warehousing and/or freight distribution centres with exposure to freight forwarding and / or Tertiary Qualification in Logistics or related field;
- Ability to undertake industry training were required, including but not limited to;
- RACA - Transport Security Program (TSP)
- Dangerous Goods (all modes)
- Work Place Health and Safety
- First Aid
- Proven knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures as well as previous experience with Inventory Management Systems
- A proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders