Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, will provide leadership and direction to the Talent Acquisition function. The manager will be responsible for the end-to-end recruitment of corporate, US-based and expatriate key field-based positions. The range of services includes selection, negotiation and finalization of the contracts with the candidates in addition to other personnel related support. The Senior Manager will be responsible for long-range planning and staffing for recruitment, support for Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, and strategic advice to internal stakeholders. The Senior Manager will be responsible for sustaining an effective and responsive recruitment function that successfully delivers all facets of recruitment throughout the organization, conducting various recruitment activities by effectively partnering with hiring managers, generating and maintaining a network of candidates and contractors.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition are to:
- Provide counsel to the talent acquisition team that resides within the business functions;
- Provide direct services, to source, screen, select and finalize hire of highly qualified individuals for employment and consultancies;
- Manage recruitment consultants to provide support when recruitment demands are high or to meet specialized recruitment needs;
- Coordinate with all 3rd party vendors to ensure that all services related to Talent Acquisition are meeting the needs of the organization;
- Coordinate with corporate and project hiring managers to develop strategic recruitment priorities and the redeployment of Talent Acquisition resources as necessary;
- Collaborate with the Human Resources team on home office corporate, expatriate and key role hires;
- Contribute to the development and execution of Talent Acquisition policies regionally and globally;
- Coordinate efforts as needed with other Palladium staff and offices in the US and overseas;
- Represent recruitment function internally, including to senior level staff, and externally;
- Develop and track effective recruitment metrics;
- Utilize, adhere, and train employees on recruitment systems, policies, procedures, tools and templates to ensure streamlined, effective, and high-quality services are delivered, with regular recruitment metrics and reporting on progress;
- Oversee and manage internal and external position postings, including targeting specialized sites, ensuring broad visibility and securing responses from diverse candidates;
- Ensure compliance with relevant local and federal regulations and requirements, including but not limited to, OFCCP, EEOC, Federal Selection Guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Support and implement corporate Diversity and Inclusion initiatives;
- Ensure all candidate vetting requirements are met;
- Provide leadership for improving systems, processes and tools for enhanced sourcing;
- Attend and ensure team attendance at conferences, career fairs, and special events to promote Palladium as an employer;
- Manage the online talent acquisition system for the region;
- Contribute best practices and standard operating procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- The role reports to the Director, Human Resources and Shared Services. Reporting requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Attendance at weekly meetings to review Director and team activities and recruitment progress;
- Weekly recruitment status reports (reviewed at meetings);
- Monthly submission of assigned reports;
- A monthly update on the status of your KRAs, as well as any other important and/or areas of concern;
- Exception reports as and when required;
- Special Projects as and when required.
- The role is part of the Americas Regional Business Partnership;
- The role, in particular will need to have a close relationship with the business leaders;
- The role is expected to establish a positive working relationship with hiring managers, contractors, candidates, peers, internal and external stakeholders;
- The role is expected to effectively oversee all America's Talent Acquisition processes.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- The role will be required to analyse and make sound recommendations to the Director, Human Resources and Shared Services;
- The role will also be expected to contribute to process improvement through innovative and cost-effective proposals/ideas/suggestions;
- A strong degree of autonomy will be required.
Key Competencies and Professional Expertise Required:
- Experience in recruitment in international development preferred;
- Proven track record of working with a leadership level on a consultative and partnering basis;
- Experience working in a global setting is desirable
- Proven track record of success in a recruiting role, having had responsibility for screening, interviewing and hiring for multiple positions concurrently;
- Aptitude to recruit for a broad and deep range of positions;
- Sound knowledge of recruitment tools and strategies;
- Exceptional standard of written and verbal communications skills including the ability to advise and liaise across all levels of the organization;
- Capability to handle challenging issues in a diverse and dynamic environment;
- Well-developed and highly effective organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to objectively coach, mentor and develop team members;
- Excellent MS Office skills will be an advantage;
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in developing countries and elsewhere.
- Adaptability: Champions change vision;
- Critical Thinking: Understands and articulates complex concepts;
- People and Relationships: Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels;
- Self-Development and Accountability: Facilitates and encourages knowledge sharing;
- Business Acumen: Seeks knowledge of external conditions.